Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Feeling Festive!

Well, I got my quilt finished, all I have left is to piece the backing and send it off to be quilted... YAY!! So of course being a quilter, we never rest :) I pulled out some of my christmas fabrics and decided I needed to use them up ( so I can buy more of course). Looked through some books and patterns to see what I wanted to make and came across this little wall hanging in Elenore Burns book Egg Money Quilts. I loved it and had to make it! So using only stash fabrics here it is....



Wait for it.....




Wait for it.....


                                                                                     Ta Da!!!!




Isn't it just the cutest wreath you've ever seen?! I Love the great big 3D bow the most!! I love it! It is a pretty nice size at 26x26.  Real Christmas eye candy, if I do say so myself :)  I can't wait for my wall quilt hanger to arrive so I can hang it up in style! The design wall just does nothing for it. ha ha  Ive decided to make a couple more to give as gifts to my childrens teachers for Christmas. I think they'll like them. They can display them in the class room or hang it on their doors! Very kid friendly with  nothing on it to fall off or a kid to choke on. Plus it's a good way to use up my stash!

3 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous. I am always amazed at people who quilt well (I'm a knitter who can't sew a straight line!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @m_harrThanks so much for your sweet comment. I'm a crocheter myself, I cant knit to save my life :) and just picked up quiltin two years ago, but it has become my go to craft. I still crochet, mostly during the holidays for gifts, but have become passionate about quilting. Thanks for becoming a follower, I hope you enjoy my posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a pattern for this wreath

    ReplyDelete