Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Little Ladies Quilt

Ok so here is the quilt I told you about in the introduction. All of the little ladies were drafted, cut and appliqued by my mother. So in order to make the 3 quilts using the 30 lady blocks, I'm adding some dresden plates to it using some of her scraps along with a few of mine.



Here is the plate Im working on today. Well I made it up yesterday but will just be sewing it down onto the white background block today using clear thread.

And here is a picture of some other plates and the pile of ladies I have for the other quilts.

This is the Singer 401A that my mother used to make this ladies, it also belonged to my grandmother before her and now is mine. I will be taking it in to have it cleaned up and fixed up, but it still sews a very nice line as you can see in the picture, but it is a little stiff going so it needs to be cleaned and lubed and I think it will be a fun machine to use.

I also wanted to throw in a couple of pictures of the sweet life. Our little simese kitten resting in his favorite spot along with my fabric stash.





The Oklahoma Sunrise and later that day a Rainbow in the distance. Its moments like this that I really miss my mom.


0 comments:

Post a Comment